Ask yourself, why is All Canadian Self Storage the leading Self Storage Toronto operator? There are a few major factors that enable a Self Storage/Mini-Storage to excel over the competition.
- Honest, straightforward relationships with customers. As owners we employ on site management and staff who are educated and trained to assist/inform a potential user as to the best size, type of storage(mobile or nearest facility location).
- We are the only Self Storage/Mini-Storage company in Ontario to offer buildings with a direct unit accessibility drive through design. Cars and trucks can enter the building, drive to or near their units, park, unload, load, then drive out the exit door. The first building with this concept was opened at 1 Laird Drive in 2006. The success of the Self Storage unit lease up and user satisfaction was unique in Canada. The building is huge at 152,000 square feet with 1,400 units. Due to demand the facility has a 98% occupancy (this is a reflection of staff and design). Plans are in the works to add 33,000 additional square feet of floor area and 500+ units. Based on user satisfaction and lease up, this Toronto Self Storage is a great success.
- “If It Works Replicate It”. 207 Weston Road; Currently 140,000 sq. ft. of self storage units and office area, opened May 2013. This All Canadian Self Storage facility features TWO driveways. As with our Laird Self Storage facility the tenant reaction is great. May we say USER FRIENDLY? The drive through design concept being so successful, why are other operations not providing it? I suggest there are two factors!
- Expertise, design, compliance with building codes, etc. These of course can be copied as per All Canadian Self Storage designs.
- COSTS! As per the author’s conversation with architects and designers of Self Storage/Mini-Storage facilities in the GTA. Many clients have requested a drive through self storage design, but the cost for design, consultants, city approval, smoke beams, exhaust fans, CO detectors, fire control panel and other code related expenses are not within most budgets.